Pages

3.15.2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my Relative Ability Pottery blog! I began pondering over this experiment in Fall of 2009 and began the project in Winter of 2010. I will post an outline of my experiment (coming soon) and will post some photos of my process. In summary, I am interested in comparing my pottery ability on a daily basis with the opinion of my audience, the public.

I am an art teacher; and as many other artists who are teachers or hold another profession other than full-time artist know, it is often hard to find time to work on art. Some days I feel awful and do not have the energy to create. Other days I do so just as a distraction. Some days, I am energized and all I want to do is create. I wonder if my ability changes with each of those days, especially as I attempt a new media, pottery.

I work on specific days, specific lengths of time and with specific amounts of clay. I record each session and rate myself accordingly.

On Friday April 2nd, during the First Friday festivities, I will show my pottery at the Art & Culture Alliance on Gay Street in Knoxville, TN, and ask the audience to rate my ability. I hope you come out! There will be more details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment